920 / 7.15 Maps & Macintosh

TomTom Model(s)
So, I have the 7.15 maps available to download. I've got the 2.2.2.28 TomTom Home for MacOS installed.
I downloaded the map, and during the install, it attempted to remove or backup or do something with poi.dat on the 920. When I rebooted the 920, the only two map choices are Europe and Guam. North America (the old map) is completely gone.
I cannot reinstall the map to the GPS Using the Mac.

Anyone have a solution for a problematic poi.dat.
Also, How can I get the maps for NA installed again?
When I originally attempted to backup the gps, the poi.dat wouldn't backup as well.

located the folder where HOME downloads your map. It is usually in HOME/downloads/map/North America.
If you locate it you may just try to copy the folder manually into your TomTom.

Is it really gone, did you look to see if the North_America folder is on your TomTom?

If it is, what size is it?

Is it really gone, did you look to see if the North_America folder is on your TomTom?

If it is, what size is it?

Well, when I booted up the TT 920, the only map choices on screen were Europe and Guam.

North America wasn't there.

I just connected the TT920 to the WinXP laptop, redownloaded NA maps, and all is fine.

When I rebooted the 920, the only two map choices are Europe and Guam. North America (the old map) is completely gone.

I can't find the North America map through the Menu either. It's there in the directory when I look at the TomTom as a hard disk, but not when I reboot the TomTom. Just Guam and Western Europe are available.

I can't find the North America map through the Menu either. It's there in the directory when I look at the TomTom as a hard disk, but not when I reboot the TomTom. Just Guam and Western Europe are available.

Sounds like an authorization problem.

Try restoring from backup.

Sounds like an authorization problem.

Try restoring from backup.

I tried installing it initially from the desktop since the first Home installation failed. However, I tried to reinstall through Home (after taking the Western Europe maps off to make room), and the NA maps showed up.

Ask a Question