910 wont start or reset

about a month ago i updated to home 2.1 and a new version of 910 application--the new app had great new features and fixes and the new home 2 seemed pretty slick--today i went and did an update and the app part seemed to fail or have some error message--then when i started it i saw all the features/fixes gone?--then my phone would not connect anymore--i went to tthome and clicked restore--i thought i would select a backup from the many i have done and named carefully--home just started restoring with whatever it thought was appropriate--now my 910 wont even start or reset--when hooked to home i can access it and everything seems there like recent destination and phone numbers and favs-but now it says no update available--that nuts cuz if i restored it must be old--like its not showing the new help icon but still says nothing new available--please help since i am dead in the water and need this thing for a trip in two weeks

The best way is to connect the GO to the computer, and then use Windows explorer to explore the TomTom disk (it should show as an extra disk drive like drive E:, or F: or any other letter). Right click with the mouse on that drive and format the TomTom disk, it will erase everything from it. Under your document look for TomTom, Home, backups and find the latest backup that had done; then copy all the folders and files to the newly formatted TomTom disk. Disconnect the GO from the computer, and the 910 should come back to life.... Good luck.

Ask a Question