910 Touch Screen Not Responding

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by bluemummy, Mar 14, 2009.

1. bluemummy

bluemummy

Ahhhh :( please help my 910 switches on and loads but the screen is really dim and the touch screen is not responding at all

I have tried doing resets to no joy.

I have it connected to my mac but I cant click the yes to the do you want to connect to the computer?

Does anyone have any suggestions please

bluemummy, Mar 14, 2009
    1. Advertisements

2. bluemummy

GAW

TomTom Model(s):
    Does not sound good. With it connected, does the power indicator on the unit come on? Then if it is still dim and you can't get a response from the screen,, the unit (screen or some circuit) is going down. I would call support (don't email) to see if they have any suggestions.

TomTom does not service the older units, and may offer you a "loyalty discount" - which you can ignore. You can get a much better deal online yourself.

Sorry to see you possibly loosing the use of your 910. They were generally a pretty good unit.

GAW, Mar 14, 2009
    1. Advertisements

3. bluemummy

bluemummy

Have managed to get it connected to the computer and backed it up as I did an update earlier.

I am just i the process of doing a restore but prior to this the screen is still dull and touch screen not responding.

I can't understand it as it has been working fine and then I turn it on one morning and this happens:eek:

bluemummy, Mar 14, 2009
  4. bluemummy

jcromag

TomTom Model(s):
    various
    I can't even figure out how to reset my 910. It powers on and that's it. The intro screen comes on, stays on and I can't turn off unit.Time to trash it?
    John

jcromag, Apr 1, 2009
  5. bluemummy

dhn Moderator

TomTom Model(s):
    1535 LIVE; Via 1605; Go 50; Go 520
    Is there not a reset hole on the bottom of the 910? May not be clearly marked.

dhn, Apr 1, 2009
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question