910 Tn

TomTom Model(s)
930T and XXL
The 910 is installed in my 07 Camry. I tried it in the center of the windshield but it was too far to reach, must turn it off manually now, in the accessory bin beneath the ac but that was too difficult to see, and here to the left of the steering wheel which works well. The cabling is for the ipod, the audio out, and the dc power. There is a small bumper that is mounted on the bottom of the unit to prevent it from bouncing, ie the failing mount, and to proect the dash. I have no clue how to make these open themselves.

Attachments

• forum1.gif
    forum1.gif
    19.3 KB · Views: 769
  • forum3.gif
    forum3.gif
    19.5 KB · Views: 728
  • forum.gif
    forum.gif
    19.5 KB · Views: 645
Very nice. Can we get a close up on the small bumper that is mounted to the bottom on your unit?

I tried but my camera does not do closeups well. I have tried two methods and am deciding which of the two I wish to use. Pros and cons for both. THe first was a silicon thing like half a marble with a sticky pad on it. I only had one that had been used before and it did not stick well. I have not been able to locate more at this time. It does not mark the dash and can be removed from the unit but was not large enough, tall enough or thick enough depending on your terminology, for the left side of the unit. YOu will note that the dash configuration changes left to right in the camry. I ended up using some thick felt discs that I acquired from my wifes crafts box. They are of different sizes and thickness as well as colors so I chose the green to match the unit and the dash and stacked two for the right and four for the left. Attached then to the TomTom and let the soft foot rest on the dash.

The silicon "bumper" you're referring to can be found at Home Depot, Lowes, and even Target in the cabinetry hardware area, as they are used to soften the impact when closing a cabinet door. I do know they have bigger ones, because I recently lost one off the bottom of a glass cutting board and had to replace it. It's about the diameter of $.05 piece, and about 1/2 tall.

Oh, and with regard to your mounting of your GO on the left side -- it's the only cool way for Toyotas....(my GO700 is on the left in my Sienna as well). Good to see another Toyota owner not going with the OEM nav system. I like my GO so much better than the Toyota nav.

Thanks for the info. I must be at Home Depot tomorrow. There was this large rock in the backyard that threw itself under my lawnmower. Strangest thing. I chose not to go with the OEM nav because of problems that I heard with the units. The left side works great and I think is the safest for me.

Ask a Question