910 or Nuvi???

Ok, I know this is a TomTom board so of course your answers will be slanted - but have any of you regretted buying the 910 over a Nuvi 660? I'm really torn - my heart loves TomTom, but my head keeps telling me the nuvi is better.

I like that the 910 comes with Europe - I travel from time to time and that would be a big plus. I also like that I can add stops along the way - can only add one with the Nuvi. But I keep hearing that the Tele Atlas maps are bad and that the screen is hard to read in daylight - also the 910 seems bulky to walk around with, compared to the Nuvi.

Lastly - any idea when the traffic module is going to be release for the US - read somewhere it may not.

Thanks!

TomTom or Nuvi

Hi read your note if it helps here in Europe (Italy) to be exact the nav systems are very popular since last December. Last summer an article
came out on all nav systems and TomTom was on top of the list!

George

I had a Nuvi 350 for awhile and felt like it was OK, not spectacular. I had to go to Europe on business a couple months ago and decided to splurge on a 910 (my wife was ready to kill me). Joke's on her though, I love it! I've found the maps to be very accurate, at least as accurate as the Garmin's. Plus, I paired it with my Moto Razr to get traffic updates. Of course, would you expect anything less on a TomTom board?

Just my $0.02

Might switch

I purchased my 910 this past June and I have for the most part been happy with the performance with the exception that the maps are definitely out of date. It really appears that TomTom appears not to be in any hurry to correct this, also TomTom does not do a good job at all of keeping their customers informed of new updates and what the updates are trying to remedy. You never know if an update is available until you dock with TomTom home. After reading the specs on the Nuvi 660 and taking into consideration the size and appearance of the Nuvi, I think I would have gone with the Nuvi. If TomTom has not come out with an update by the end of January 07, I think that I am going to make the jump to the Nuvi. As I have stated before, the TomTom is a great product but the support is really lacking. I am not familiar with Garmin support, but if they do anything at all it would be more than TomTom.

After reading the specs on the Nuvi 660 and taking into consideration the size and appearance of the Nuvi, I think I would have gone with the Nuvi. If TomTom has not come out with an update by the end of January 07, I think that I am going to make the jump to the Nuvi. As I have stated before, the TomTom is a great product but the support is really lacking. I am not familiar with Garmin support, but if they do anything at all it would be more than TomTom.

Thanks for your thuoghts - there are a few reasons I'm leaning towards the 910 - Comes with NA and Europe (huge savings) - you can do more than one via stop (only one on the nuvi) - the customization of the 910 I think is really a great deal, you can set it up to your liking.
The nuvi seems nice to me, just way more expensive when you add on Europe and you're pretty much locked to Garmins' layout.

If TomTom had the Navteq maps, it would be a no brainer.

Does that make sense?

Ask a Question