910 Map Share - Map out of date?

I have upgraded my TomTom 910 firmware to 7.160 and I have Map: 'North America' version 665.1293 installed. I'm using TomTom Home V 2.1.2.21.

When I click 'Map Corrections' from the menu, I get the response 'This map is out of date and not supported by Map Share technology...' Okay, fine, my map is out of date. How do I get a map that will support this? I've looked all over the TomTom site to no avail. The Map Store is "closed for renovations". What's next?

I have upgraded my TomTom 910 firmware to 7.160 and I have Map: 'North America' version 665.1293 installed. I'm using TomTom Home V 2.1.2.21.

When I click 'Map Corrections' from the menu, I get the response 'This map is out of date and not supported by Map Share technology...' Okay, fine, my map is out of date. How do I get a map that will support this? I've looked all over the TomTom site to no avail. The Map Store is "closed for renovations". What's next?

The United States store is always closed,:confused: I bought my NA 710 map by changing to UK on the TomTom site. Cost about $72.

Mapshare downloads new stuff every day, Not sure what exactly, by something is happening. :)

I also upgraded to V7, and got the same message. I went to website thru TomTom Home and downloaded latest North American maps, the bill was in Euros and it was 49.95 Euros! Now the +,- on the screen keep the maps to the size I set. I haven't seen any other of the new features yet. Home did say there were no map updates that other people had done thru Mapshare, I can't believe that! So I don't think this feature is working yet. What say others?:confused:

I also got mine through TT home and was 49.95 Euros. There are some streets that are new in my area and I keep using the mapshare and changing POI and showing the streets that are there that TT says there are not. I know there are people chagning stuff on their TT and sharing with the rest us but I never see updates for that. I know I show that I am sharing my changes if people want them, hope people are doing the same. So far I like the new map.

TT 910 and Mapshare

The United States store is always closed,:confused: I bought my NA 710 map by changing to UK on the TomTom site. Cost about $72.

Mapshare downloads new stuff every day, Not sure what exactly, by something is happening. :)

So in other words, i would like to use map share on my 910 and since the U.S. store is always closed i need to purchase the NA map from the UK store and it will work on my 910? My map version is 7.161 which was automatically updated with TomTom Home 2. Does Mapshare install with the new updated map or how can i get mapshare?

So in other words, i would like to use map share on my 910 and since the U.S. store is always closed i need to purchase the NA map from the UK store and it will work on my 910? My map version is 7.161 which was automatically updated with TomTom Home 2. Does Mapshare install with the new updated map or how can i get mapshare?

That is NOT your map version that is your software version. The maps do not get automatically updated.

Just a quick question for those in the US that purchased from outside the US. Did they delete the VAT charge we should not have to pay? Just wondering.

That is NOT your map version that is your software version. The maps do not get automatically updated.

Ahhhh OK, Now what do you know about MapShare on a TT 910? Will it work and how can i get it? Do I need to purchase a new NA map from the UK Store in order for me ot get mapshare? Thanks

Ahhhh OK, Now what do you know about MapShare on a TT 910? Will it work and how can i get it? Do I need to purchase a new NA map from the UK Store in order for me ot get mapshare? Thanks

I don't know anything bout mapshare as I don't have it because I only have the 665 maps and it is only available on the 675 and the latest 710 maps. I have yet to upgrade but will someday soon. The only way I know of upgrading is Yes buy it from the UK site or use home and go to Maps where in mine it shows I can buy the 710 but its not listed in Dollars but in I think Euros which I don't understand since I have it set to English...

my understanding is that it can only be purchased through the UK site. It is most likely a way for ToMTOM to get more money from us in the USA as the dollar is of less value there so we are paying about $1.49 more on the $1.00 value if I read correct in the paper compared to the euros.

I would like to update my 510 to the mapshare function 710 too. I always like the most updated electronics. Can't believe TomTom is always saying "sorry for inconvenience we are updating our map site" ya right !!!

my understanding is that it can only be purchased through the UK site. It is most likely a way for ToMTOM to get more money from us in the USA as the dollar is of less value there so we are paying about $1.49 more on the $1.00 value if I read correct in the paper compared to the euros.

I would like to update my 510 to the mapshare function 710 too. I always like the most updated electronics. Can't believe TomTom is always saying "sorry for inconvenience we are updating our map site" ya right !!!

There must be other reasons - maybe they don't want to have to match the European prices right now.

If you do the conversions (UK is 2:1, they don't use Euros), the NA map translates to a 50% discount to the $150 they were charging here before they took the site down. Question is - will the UK downloads work here.

There must be other reasons - maybe they don't want to have to match the European prices right now.

If you do the conversions (UK is 2:1, they don't use Euros), the NA map translates to a 50% discount to the $150 they were charging here before they took the site down. Question is - will the UK downloads work here.

That is the other thing. Has anyone ever purchased/downloaded a NA map from a UK store? If so does the map work on any USA owned TomToms? Anotherthing is as i tried to purchase the map, it will not let me even if i select UK from the drop down menu. Does anyone have an Idea how it would work to download from the UK store?

my bad, I meant BPM.:eek: I'm sure you knew what I meant. :rolleyes: thanks for correcting me. ;) Why I said Euros, oh well the weekend coming up, must need a break.:)

You don't have to get it from the UK store, you can use home 2 and log in with your TT. and look at buy maps, buy the us and Canada maps, no reason to buy the north east it only save you $10 or so. make sure to look at (more info) to see your map is 710. click buy and it will ask for your credit card # , it will download to your computer and remove your old map from the TT and install the new map for you and save your old map in your computer..but I would still back up my TT before I started it. you never know what might happen. they will email you your recite.
then the map share works.. it does with my 510:D

turbo, did the new usa-canada map 710 fit on your 1 gig card? it looks as if i would need to delete the older 665 map and a few voices too. my tomtom home says that there isn't room on my device to D/L to it, can I delete the older map first and will it D/L to my unit for me?

I have a 510 and would like to update it.

Ask a Question