910 green light in cradle but won't start up

Hi, I have a go 910 that has not been abused and just won't start up anymore. The green light is on in the charging cradle but it won't boot or even make the tom-tom noise.

Is this just a battery issue, if so where do I go for a battery change or repair?

Thanks!

Does it charge when connected to a car charger?

In any event, see supermod Mikealder's excellent tutorial for replacing a 910 battery (pictures even! :) ) in this thread.

An online site for a replacement battery is here

Before you start messing around with the battery/ service to swap the battery as its a real pig of job on a 910 to be honest have you tried resetting the device with a pin? This is allways worth a try before anything else - Mike

Thanks

Thanks to all!

I am handy so I will try the $19.95 replacement battery and great photo-essay on how to replace.

Either I'll get a lesson or a working gps.

Thanks again!

It doesn't mean is a battery problem, it can be that it just doesn't get charged. After I replaced my battery I noticed that even with the green LED on, the unit was not charging the battery when on the car mount.

Don't trust the LED on to tell whether or not is charging the battery, go to the menu that shows the the battery symbol and see if it actually writes below the battery symbol: "Charging.." . That's the only way to say if it is charging or not. Green LED won't tell you anything about the battery.

Ask a Question