910 and new maps?

TomTom Model(s)
910 w/ v7.10 maps
Hey guys,

Have not posted for a while, but I visit on a regular basis.

I have a question. I ran across a new retail 910 today and purchased it as a gift for my daughter. Have not opened the box a don't plan to until Christmas.

My questions is: Will it be possible to get a free map upgrade at that time?, If so, what version? I assume that it will come with a coupon?

Reading thru this site, there is a lot of confussion and contradicting info about map upgrades right now.

Back earlier in the year I purchased a new 510 and it had the coupon for a free upgrade (v665), which I did. Also unrelated, I did just this week(successfully) upgrade my 510 to Home v2 and apps V7

Randy R.

If you ask for the update, TomTom will give you the NA 6.75 maps.
I believe a member did receive the new 7.10 maps after they made update to the Navcore 7 update. TomTom v7 maps only work with Navcore 7.

Pedro,

Are you saying that if I call and ask for the update, they will send the v6.75?

But if I hook up to home and update to nav 7 first, then go back and use the 910 free update coupon that I will get v7 maps from home or thru TomTom website?

Randy R.

Sounds logical to what Pedro is saying. I'm not trying to hijack your thread but you guys in the US are quite lucky, we don't get such promotions in Switzerland. I remember that a new map release was out a week after I bought my 910 and after contacting TT Switzerland and the UK, both rejected me a free map upgrade.

Ask a Question