880 Map Update issue

TomTom Model(s)
VIA1530,XXL550,ONE140S,125
My XXL550 hangs on Navigate To or Browse Map after Rev 880.3862 USA_Canada_and_Mexico_P map update.

My 140S uses the same map (IQ Routes) and initially had a similar problem but came out of it after editing a POI while running my gps under home.

I have done numerous hard resets.

I am now copying back my backup before update to the 550.

This is almost always an issue with the MapSettings.cfg file.
The "fix" you tried of adding a new Favourite or editing a POI while in the Home emulator USUALLY sorts it out,but not always.

Simply delete the MapSettings.cgf file from the new map folder and I think you'll find it works OK.

You'll obviously lose your Favourites, Home location and recent destinations which are saved in that file, so make sure you save them by another method eg by converting them to a set of POIs before you do the deletion.

It's working now...

I restored the previous map version. worked OK
Then re-applied the new update via home. Still hung at 'Plan Route' after hard reset
Copied most recent pre-update mapsettings.cfg. Still hung
Went most of the way adding a recent destination as a favorite. No more hanging..

The existing favorites were retained. "Life is Good"

Not on that model but on the ones in my sig line. No apparent issues so far........

I had terrible problems with freezing and re-booting whenever I tried to Navigate to City Centre or Address , or to POI in City. But Navigate to postcode, or to "point on map" etc. was fine.

In other words, it crashed any time it tried to access it's Place Name database.

None of the usual "fixes" (like adding a new Favourite or destination using the Home Emullator, or running Clearflash) helped .

But it magically cured itself after a few days, just as I was about to take the new map off again.

The last 2 updated versions (incl this v880.3862) for my XL350TM have had a glitch (freezing/reboot). Luckily I followed dhn's advice to use the 'Operate my device' on TT Home and it seems find now. I did have to reselect my day/night color schemes though as they were reset.

I'm using XL350TM and wish to know if others have updated to v885.4097 and also App v9.401, and if so, any prbs? Thx.

Not much trouble on the older units like the 350, no. We've had some oddities on the newer units (firmware 11.XXX) where we are now recommending that users always take the new firmware and get that installed before they take maps or anything else.

The last 2 updated versions (incl this v880.3862) for my XL350TM have had a glitch (freezing/reboot). Luckily I followed dhn's advice to use the 'Operate my device' on TT Home and it seems find now. I did have to reselect my day/night color schemes though as they were reset.

App 9.400/9.401 fixed the freeze/reboot.

If you update your app first, then you might get a freeze once the first time you pull up addresses from a prior map, but it won't reboot (and only happens once).

And 9.401 added "navigate to coordinate" to the 350.

Version 9.400 introduced 2 bugs (found so far) which carried over to 9.401:

1) Any marks for a map corrections you make on the device will be erased as soon as you connect the device to the computer. You don't even have to launch HOME. So, make your map corrections directly on the device before you connect it to the computer.

2) If you have a Quick menu icon showing on the left side of the navigation screen and you pass by a Safety camera, the Quick menu icon is replaced by the Safety camera icon. Once pass the camera the Quick menu icon will not reappear after the Safety camera icon goes away. To get the Quick menu icon back you can quickly toggle the navigation screen between the 2D and 3D displays.

@Spider
I was seeing the #1 item way back in the early days of 9.XXX code (e.g., 9.058) on my 740.

Thanks, canderson. Didn't notice it before because I didn't use that feature back then.

However, it's still a bug and I don't think it does any harm to post it, too.

Nope, no harm, just want people running 9.XXX code already that there wasn't any new issue for them there.

Ask a Question