810 maps don't ask for state anymore?

TomTom Model(s)
GO 720
I just upgraded to map 810 with LMG and noticed that it no longer asks for a state. It just asked for country, and then straight to city.I used to have to select "Country" then "State" then "City" then "Street name" then "House number"

Now it's "Country" then "City" then "Street name" then "House number"

Is there a reason why they decided to jumble all the city+states all in one huge list?

The option for the State is on the City Menu. On the right, in green, you will see the current state selected. Press on the state and it will bring you to the option to select a State or Country(Canada).
Once selected, it will remember this State from now on to prevent you from entering it all the time unless you happened to change it.

The option for the State is on the City Menu. On the right, in green, you will see the current state selected. Press on the state and it will bring you to the option to select a State or Country(Canada).
Once selected, it will remember this State from now on to prevent you from entering it all the time unless you happened to change it.

You're right. In any of my other maps I've had it never acted like this. I had to "deselect country" and type in a state instead. Where it normally would show the state it said "USA" and had an american flag. I clicked on the flag and right away it allowed me to chosse a state.

Ask a Question