8.391 Navcore for GO720?

I just had something weird happen - I just took my 2nd 720 (which is an identical model to my original) and went to update its Navcore to 8.351, which is the latest for my unit, from what I understand. Well, after I was done I noticed the menu looked way different (colors), there was different options like edit vehicle profile & tomtom work, so I checked the Navcore and it's at 8.391.

Thinking that it may have just been released, I hooked up my original unit, but it says its completely up to date with the 8.351 navcore.

Anyone know whats up with this? Did I accidentally get a revision not released for this model yet?

Anyone else have the 3.91 Navcore?

For whatever bizarre reason, some people are offered 8.391 for their 720 units. In fact, that application is for a tomtom 720 WORKS edition -- which isn't even available in North America -- and associated map. For 'normal' 720's, it is indeed the 8.351 release.

That is weird, I'd like to get rid of it, is there a way to go to back to 8.351? Can I restore a backup from my other unit that has 8.351? (I didn't back this unit up when it was on 7.?)

thanks

Yes, make an Explorer backup of the unit with the 8.391.

Then, download 8.351 from here

Delete all the loose files (using Explorer) in the root of the unit you just backed up. NO folders or their contents.

Use WinRar and extract the contents of the application in the link I provided to your unit, overwriting existing files when prompted.

Ask a Question