8.35 changes remote button functions

I have 920 and could use the remote to pause music by pressing the center button (3 button bar below dial on remote) this was great for pausing audio books and not having to restart chapter. With 8,35 the center button now toggles 3D/2D map view. IIs there a way to pause/restart a song/audio book now either from the screen or preferably the remote. Still angry that they would impose a restriction on US users for instructions via FM. As everything shakes out in the economy I find myself becoming more inclined to support American products and this one thing is enough to make me want to choose a Garmin for the next GPS. Whenever there is a software upgrade they always destroy more than they fix. If I hadn't done the map subscription I wouldn't bother to upgrade operating system. Also it doesn't take a rocket scientist to know they lowered the volume too much on instructions for the internal speaker. If it distorted before while on battery you could plug in external power or lower the volume now if you decide to lower a window you have to trick it to play on the FM or tun down the radio or raise the window. Like I said I refuse to let some European law limit my GPS. Before I buy another TomTom will be when they pry my Garmin from my dead hands.

That's the third mention I've seen about the remote function change, so that would appear to be a legitimate complaint. On the volume issue, some users have indicated they haven't noticed a change, while others clainm it's significantly reduced. According to one post I had read that included a TomTom response, TT did (supposedly) verify that maximum volume had been reduced by 10%. Seems that some owners feel it's more than that.

yes with my 920 I always played my unit at 90%. After the download i have to use 100% volume and its still about 5 % lower then at the old 90% voliume

I always used to have it at 80%, and mine seems quieter even at 100%. Though I will try the "fix" posted in a few other topics and see if that helps.

IIs there a way to pause/restart a song/audio book now either from the screen or preferably the remote.

On the screen, you can add the tomtom jukebox to your quickmenu. Then when you open it, it will have a pause icon if the song is playing, or a resume button if it is not playing.

I don't have the remote so I can't speak to whether there is a new/different way to pause/restart a song.

Ask a Question