8.010 Killed My Data Connection - BB Pearl

I have a Blackberry Pearl and for the last 6 months have been using the traffic feature (which I love) but it seems with the latest version 8.01 I cannot get the phone to pair for data. Hands free calling still works and the bluetooth connection is established but no data. I talked with tomtom support and they said it should have never worked in the first place so I had them attach an earlier version of the tomtom os to my account. So before I go and revert back I was wondering is anyone had a fix for this. I am running the 4.2.166 "magic" version of the Blackberry OS that allows tethering.

Thanks.

I am surprised it did that. I had set up a 720 for a friend, and paired it with the official T-Mobile 4.3 version both before and after 8.01. I got rid of 8.01 for other reasons, but my Pearl 8120 worked OK on it.

I think I had to tweak the settings some, using one of the posts on this forum to get wireless working again. You did not specify your carrier, but there was a recent (3-4 weeks ago possibly) post on manual T-Mobile settings that worked. If you are on ATT, you could use it as a guide for their equivalent settings.

I am on At&t and I am pretty sure everything is set up correctly because I can download QuickGPS fix, weather, and POIs via my bluetooth connection but the traffic server just won't work. I am piad up through December 08 so I ddon't think that has anything to do with it.

Update
I reverted back to an older version (7.481) and it still does not work so who knows what is going on now. Ideally it would be great if a new version of the BB OS would work with the 8.010 Tomtom OS but as far as I know only the 4.2.166 version will allow tethering.

It sounds like Data does work, but traffic might be down - any forum members see if traffic is down ?

Again, mine works with the latest OS (4.3.0.115 I believe with T-Mobile) - waiting to see what happens when the 4.5 official version comes out (messed with a beta version - was a bit buggy...).

If you subscription expires - you will ge a very explicit message saying so - i did every time my free trial expired. I have the traffic receiver, but due to poor service in my area, am considering going back to the data bluetooth version, as i have to maintain a data plan anyway.

If weather, etc. continues to work - keep trying traffic. Did you try it while connected to you computer to see if it was working?

Well traffic seems to be working again. This is with the installation of the older rev of the OS. If anyone could confirm the traffic server was down yesterday or if anyone has gotten the 8.010 to work with traffic on a pearl I would appreciate it.

Well traffic seems to be working again. This is with the installation of the older rev of the OS. If anyone could confirm the traffic server was down yesterday or if anyone has gotten the 8.010 to work with traffic on a pearl I would appreciate it.

Mine had worked with 8.01...

I got mine working OK with a 910 on version 4.5.0.52, and I believe another post did with a 720. Did have to go through the manual setting though.

Ask a Question