740 POIs vs others

I have the 740 with the map 835.2419 map. When I had the 720 I remember reading here about using the 920 POIs to have a much larger selection. Is there a larger collection available from another GO GPS that can be used to replace the ones on the 740 (besides downloading various categories from other web sites)?

I don't use the LIVE services so I think I can't include any google POI searches.

First make an Explorer, not Home, backup of your unit's contents. Then go go here for the larger 835 poi set and install in your map folder.

Not all have found that it works, that's why the backup first is important.

First make an Explorer, not Home, backup of your unit's contents. Then go go here for the larger 835 poi set and install in your map folder.

Not all have found that it works, that's why the backup first is important.

Thanks for the help. I backed up with Explorer, which I do every couple of months anyway, and deleted a few voices before copying the 2 files over. I already found 1 POI I was looking for Saturday so I'll see what happens.

Ask a Question