740 not connecting to wireless

TomTom Model(s)
740 live
I purchased 1 month of tom tom live services and for some reason I am unable to get my tomtom to connect at all. Under network is says status connecting... MCC/MNC is blank Sim ID is blank. Bars normally empty but sometimes gets a signal but then it disappears with no alarms warnings or anything. (also numbers pop up briefly when it gets a brief signal. Status never changes from "connecting." Drove 30 minutes from work only had a signal a few times. Tried reset to factory settings and also tried the hold button 15 seconds. It worked when I had the free trial.

I hard reset it again and now it says "not connected" and when I try to connect to my tomtom account is says, "Connot connect to tomtom live services. Please try again later."

update 3: after connecting to tomtom home its back to doing the same thing as above.

App 9.054.531646.1
Os 515773
GPS v1.20
Boot 5.5120

Any ideas?
Thx in advance

Last edited:
If you have just purchased the services and getting signal then losing signal, often times the sim card is stuck in the deactivated mode and you will have to call TomTom Support and have them check the sim card activation. If it is deactivated they will be able to activate it for you and after a soft reset go back to login and 9x out of 10 it will start connecting and working.

Ask a Question