740 Major Issues

I bought the Go Live 740 TM friday the 11th and have called the help desk everyday with so many issues. THis is my 2nd unit which is a pain in the a$$ to activate a new device. This device so far has nothing been issue after issue and now after I update the app to 8.371 I am now in a screensaver mode every 3 mins. I dont a factory reset and even called the help desk and they told me to turn off the show route Demo which didnt work. Also when I turn the unit off and some setting are turned back on like the voice is on instead of beening off like I set before. The reason I updated my app was that I was getting a rds-tmc disconnect and reconnect and the reconnect to the traffic would not update the application. I do have the map 850. My question is how to stop this demo screensaver crap.

*update* I found this on the device with all the pics that are doing the slideshow. salesdemo.script anyone know what to do with this like how to turn it off?

Thanks Everyone!!!

Last edited:
Yep.

Use Explorer and look at the contents of the unit. Go to the scripts folder and delete any files found there.

Mission accomplished!

problem fixed but now I am getting a no rds used with this current map.
you need app 9.053 to support the lifetime antenna. its preinstalled but no upgrade is available frome home yet. you can restore from backup if you made one otherwise just use the 3 month live free trial with 8.371 and hopefully tt will make 9.053 available as an upgrade soon.

you need app 9.053 to support the lifetime antenna. its preinstalled but no upgrade is available frome home yet. you can restore from backup if you made one otherwise just use the 3 month live free trial with 8.371 and hopefully tt will make 9.053 available as an upgrade soon.

I've had my 740TM Live now just short of two weeks and it came installed with app ver 9.053. I don't understand why ver 8.371 is installed on his. I would think he could pitch a fit on the phone with TT CS and get special dispensation from the pope to support download of 9.053 ahead of all the normal people.

Based on forum member posts, 9.053 is preinstalled on all 740TM models. The problem is that if you do the "remove/reinstall" process that is Tomtom phone support's standard first fix-it attempt, it "downgrades" the devices to the latest version that HOME knows of (which is 8.371).

Ask a Question