740 live not live

TomTom Model(s)
go 740 live
i bought the 740 3 months ago and everything was working great. i loved the traffic updates and new routes. however today while driving into ny it would not connect to any of the live services, not just traffic. i called and they had me do a soft reset while driving (always fun in traffic) and then sent me an email on how to do a hard reset and how to delete and reinstall the os. could i just be running this in circles, is it possible something internal is shot?

1) check for tmccodes.dat and traffic.dat per this link

2) what is your map and application version?

3) try calling again, perhaps your 3-month live services trial ran out and they didn't properly provision your subscription renewal

It's always possible you were simply in an area with a poor cell signal. One of the first things to check is whether you have a network connection. Tap the satellite bars at the bottom of the screen, then tap on the "version #" near the bottom on the right side then tap on network, If it says "connected" then hardware likely isn't the problem. If not connected, try again in an area that you know you have connected before. If still not connecting to the network, then your 740 may need to be replaced. But if the connection is fine, then you may be experiencing one of TomTom's unexplained temporary service outages. It happens sometimes. Mine was out for almost an entire day at one point, and has not been able to connect to Live for short periods on a few occasions. Most of those have been for half an hour or less. What makes it "unexplained" is that others with the 740 may not have any issue while mine won't access "Live". Other times someone will post that they have no services and mine was fine all day. According to TomTom it can't be their servers because if on their end everybody would lose services, not just some here and there.

Ask a Question