740 GO screen icons/symbols

Is there a comprehensive reference to what some of the screen symbols mean? For example, using fuel prices, there are several colors of icons by the station names, possibly indicating how far they are from your route or maybe how old the price info is. Another example is a symbol appeared the other day in the upper left of my screen which looked like a red pennant. It was very windy that day and i figured it was for wind advisory. But there is nothing in the documentation or online that i can find.

I would like to know some of those as well... particularly the specific meaning of the colored icons that indicate how close a fuel station is to your route. I get the general idea that green is closest, yellow is farther and red is farther still, but what distance from your route makes the change from green to yellow, etc.?

There are some that are documented, including your wind warning. It's near the back of the manual in the traffic section, somewhere around page 80 or so. There are warnings like that for wind, rain, fog, ice and snow. But those other icons you mentioned don't seem to be documented anywhere and it would be useful if they were.

Ask a Question