730 Traffic RDS-TMC

Hi all,

I bought the RDS-TMC for my TT 730. It's the one that fits into the ipod socket, not the usb jack one.

Firstly, is this correct? Is this supposed to work?
Secondly, it doesn't! Plugging it in simply doesn't bring anything on the screen. Going to TT Traffic says "Feature not supported". I have left it for a while and still nothing happens.....

Help would be much appreciated,

Cheers,

You have the slightly older receiver with the rounded connector, it does fit in to the iPOD socket on the device but sometimes can take quite a firm press to get the plug fully seated, once it makes contact you will see the traffic information bar on the right side of the screen appear and the tuning/ received data indication top right. Tunning is shown with a green arrow scrolling across the top of a car icon, received data is shown by a solid green ball, if the unit drops the signal for 5 minutes then one quarter of the green ball turns grey, after 20 minutes with no signal you get a fully grey ball - Mike

Thanks for that Mike, i seated it completely and was very happy to see the traffic bar on the screen.

However, it has a red cross through it, and when i go to tomtom traffic, it says, "RDS-TMC is not available with this map"..........I'm in Australia by the way, so i appreciate this may be region specific.

The traffic service is definitely available in Australia, from sunatraffic, i'm just wondering about the map compatability. It's version 8.15 if that helps.....

Cheers for your help,

Where did you purchase the receiver from as they are region specific, for example a European device will not work in America. I wasn't aware TT had an RDS based service in Australia, but from what you say they do have such a service, I guess this is one for TomTom Support as I have very little knowledge of the Australian market or devices other than they tend to differ to what we get in Europe/ USA - Mike

Thanks Mike, device was purchased in Australia with Australian maps. thanks for the advice, i'll contact the support team, cheers,

As mentioned, the TMC receiver is probably the issue. On my 730T, the reciever was apparently out of date and TT is sending me a new one, so BE CAREFUL with a purchase, make sure it is the correct one. There is a product code on the underside of the black plastic part of the receiver (wire), this is critical.

Cheers,

Dan

Ask a Question