720 Turning on by itself

TomTom Model(s)
TomTom 720
Why is my 720 turning on all by itself. It never did this before. I have a older map with 8.1 navcore or the first version of the 8 series with lane assist there but not available. It keeps running my battery dead.

Why is my 720 turning on all by itself. It never did this before. I have a older map with 8.1 navcore or the first version of the 8 series with lane assist there but not available. It keeps running my battery dead.

I had this same issue 2 weeks ago. What I did to fix this was, I backed up my unit using Windows Explorer, then did a FULL format (not quick) on my SD card AND internal memory, then I let the Home software install everything to my device from scratch. Home will reinstall NavCore and your map onto your device. Haven't had a problem since. Corrupt files can cause this to happen.

I have both a 920 and 930 that were doing this every few days until the 8.3 update, since then it has not happened once. I can't guarantee that this will be a cure for you, and I know some people have had problems with it, but it's really improved things for me, without any noticeable issues.
John

Ask a Question