720 to IMC Motorcycle Comms

I am wondering if anyone has plugged from the larger (3.5mm) plug directly into a motorcycle comms unit like the IMC? When I tried this today in the car (plugging directly to stereo) i had to control the volume with the car stereo. I don't think the IMC has that option. I want to be able to play music and listen to directions while on the bike...But I want to be able to control the volume settings. Is there such a beast that you can plug in between the 720 and the wire to control the volume?

Any suggestions?

Last edited:
I am wondering if anyone has plugged from the larger (3.5mm) plug directly into a motorcycle comms unit like the IMC? When I tried this today in the car (plugging directly to stereo) i had to control the volume with the car stereo. I don't think the IMC has that option. I want to be able to play music and listen to directions while on the bike...But I want to be able to control the volume settings. Is there such a beast that you can plug in between the 720 and the wire to control the volume?

Any suggestions?
I seem to recall that I was able to control the output on the 1/8" jack with the TT's volume control. It was overdriving my FM modulator a bit.

If I'm mistaken about that, what you are needing is called a "T Pad". You'd need to be a bit handy with a soldering iron, but not much. You'd be putting a variable resistor in line with the connection between the TT and your IMC input.

TT 720 Lineout bug.

Guys, this is a bug in version 8.351, the previous versions (8.010 to be specific) allowed volume control from TT. there is a bug fix prioritisation list. you can vote to prioritise it.

Because of this bug, I'm will not move to 8.351 cause I use my TT mainly on the bike.

Ask a Question