720 Replacement Battery?

WOW! thanks canderson for the pdf. have forwarded to colleague in the hope it inspres confidence to add just a little more pressure to permit the release of the innards from the casing. adding rep as well deserved. many thanks.

Hi,
Any chance you can foward the PDF to me also as I need the same instructions ?

TomTom GO 720 Battery replacement

Does anyone know how to take apart the tomtom GO 720? I recently purchased a new battery, but once I removed the 2 screws at the back of the unit I became clueless on the next step.

Please help as my current battery life is about 4 minutes.

pdf of tomtom GO 720 on how replace a battery

Hi,
Any chance you can foward me too the PDF to me also as I need the same instructions ? Thanks

Video Demonstration

You can find a video that shows how to replace the Go 720's battery.

The linked site also offers a kit which includes the battery, tools, and warranty.

Hope this helps,
Craig

Had to return my 720 ... was rebooting every time I would try to route, and then finally just decided it had never heard of a GPS satellite.

Received a replacement (older) 720 from TT on RMA, but the prior user evidently didn't treat this one as well as I did mine. For one thing, the battery life is about 45 minutes.

It was too much heartburn to get the first one replaced. I'd prefer to replace the battery myself with a known good unit -- and given the way these devices are designed, they require a functional battery, even when on external power, so a spare might be a good idea for down the road a bit (literally and figuratively).

Does anyone know of a source for the Sony VF8 battery this thing uses, or a decent alternative?

you can try here :
battery for tomtom

Ask a Question