720 Operation on PC

Since updating TT Home to Version = 2.8.1.2218 on PC my 720 will not plan a route via PC. The error notice is 'error during route planning'. I have contacted Home support and after extensive Q & A they say that all systems are installed 'correctly'. Anyone else getting this problem or is it just me?
I have tried all the resets and reloads but nothing will make it work from the PC.

You can try running the Clear Flash tool on the unit. Download from here and run it 3 times.

If that doesn't help, perhaps uninstalling and reinstalling Home..

Finally, is the route you are planning by any chance restricted by choices you've made in planning preferences?

Thanks
Have tried clearing flash and reinstalling Home but problem still persists. From the PC it will not plan a route to anywhere when using Town and Street info from unit but I have just found out that it will plan route when transferring destination from route planner (live) in Home. ie the GPS Co-ordinates.

Do you have your country showing in the city screen? You have to select it first.

Try using Explorer to backup the contents of your unit. Don't use Home. Then delete all the loose files in the root of the unit, NO folders or their contents.

Connect to Home and install the application offered. Disconnect from Home properly using the Device Disconnect icon.

Any better?

Ask a Question