720 motorcycle scheme ?

For those of you that ride a motorcycle, what is the best scheme to use.?
Do you have a favoite scheme that works well in the sun.
Thanks The Sug Man:)

I put earphones on and put it in my pocket. No way am I going to look down on a GPS on a motorcycle. Voice only gets me there safely.

Usil

I put earphones on and put it in my pocket. No way am I going to look down on a GPS on a motorcycle. Voice only gets me there safely.

Usil

I use the GPS for directions on rare occasions, but do keep it going to show me the road ahead and what to expect, especially when there is a lot of trees that block the view ahead. It's not needed on main roads but we travel a lot of back country roads and it is not unusual to come up on some sharp turns unexpectedly - with the GPS I can glance down to get an idea what is ahead. I know some sport riders like the challenge, but racing around unknown, winding roads is not our goal. Many times there is only one line on our gps, the road ahead.

I also like to keep route trace (logpos) script running to keep track of where we have been, in case we ever want to get back there again.

This is the setup I use.

highest contrast I could stand, all the roads but the majors are basically the same color.

I don't like the earphone thing, I prefer complete silence.

The "car" icon is just a big cross with a white border.

I wish I could make it bigger, ie an AutoCad type mouse cursor, but the biggest icon I could get to work is 120 pixels wide

I do look at it while I ride. Heck, it's easier to operate enroute on the bike than it is in the car... I'm constantly skipping a waypoint, or going back & forth from tripmaster. I do at least (usually) pull over to enter new poi's :eek:
cya

Attachments

• MCycleTheme.zip
    1.4 KB · Views: 371
  • dump29406164.jpg
    dump29406164.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 531

Ask a Question