720 locating by street not city

I am wondering if anyone else has run into this. If I enter a city and then the street address, my 720 takes me to a city 10 miles away. Even if I am very careful to put in the "East" or "West" in the street name. It has happened on two different addresses. I'm back to printing directions off the internet because I can't trust the GPS.:confused:

Can you give us an example, please?

Also, please say what application firmware you have and what map version you have. Thanks.

I haven't had it happen to me. But when other people on this forum have posted about this, it turned out to be due to outdated/erroneous maps. This seems to happen most often in rural areas.

What map version do you have? (latest is v825) If you want to post the streets we can look and see if they are corrected in a newer map version.

I removed and downloaded the maps of North America last night and still had the same problem. The exact address is 1130 East Washington Street Grayslake, IL but the directions always take you to 1130 Washington Street Waukegan, IL - about 10 miles East of where It should have taken me.

Well, I just tried it with NA map 810. I picked Grayslake as the city. For street, I simply typed an 'E' and and scrolled down the choices to East Washington. I then put in 1130 as the address.

The route planned took me to that address.

I get to this old post thru google. Did this problem get resolved? I have a similar problem with my Tomtom XL. When I enter 1102 Washington st, Boston, MA, it directs me to 1102 Washington st in the Dorchester neighborhood below Boston, which is about 7 miles away from the correct destination. The Dorchester neighborhood does have a washington st.

I tried to change the street name in Dorchester to "Washington st Dor" in my device, but it still directs me to the same wrong destination. Is there a way to correct this? Thanks.

Did this problem get resolved? I have a similar problem with my Tomtom XL. When I enter 1102 Washington st, Boston, MA, it directs me to 1102 Washington st in the Dorchester neighborhood below Boston, which is about 7 miles away from the correct destination. The Dorchester neighborhood does have a washington st.

I tried to change the street name in Dorchester to "Washington st Dor" in my device, but it still directs me to the same wrong destination. Is there a way to correct this? Thanks.
I think the problem is with the sequence, as it does not accept free form. (Cannot check on my GO 930 right now.)
1. State - if it does not say Mass in the top right,tap the state or country and select Mass.
2. City - type Boston.
3. Street - type Washington St.
4. House number.

From that I get this:
Screen Shot 07-10-17 at 09.13 AM.JPG

I think the problem is with the sequence, as it does not accept free form. (Cannot check on my GO 930 right now.)
1. State - if it does not say Mass in the top right,tap the state or country and select Mass.
2. City - type Boston.
3. Street - type Washington St.
4. House number.

From that I get this:
View attachment 4877

I used the same sequence as you described.

The current is 990 with 995 due out in August sometime. Yours is over six years old.

Ask a Question