720 is shutting down 5..4..3..2..1

We have 2 Tomtom 720s, one for each of us. My husband's was bought this past weekend and he is having a problem I haven't seen in the 4 months I have mine.

Even when plugged into the car's power outlet with the car running, he gets a darker screen saying the Tomtom 720 is shutting down 5..4..3..2..1. It happened several times the other day (when not fully charged and allowed to run down too far, I guess). But it also happened once today when fully charged over night and plugged into the car's power outlet (like a cig lighter plug).

When unplugged and checked, the battery was showing fully charged.

He has software 7.221 and map 705.1481

Anyone see this and have a suggestion?

Also - when I press the bars on the creen to see the version, above his version number is a blue oval with a white symbol in it (like a spiky B) and an X through it. Mine has a grey rectangle with rounded edges and an X through it. What does that mean?????

Also - when I press the bars on the creen to see the version, above his version number is a blue oval with a white symbol in it (like a spiky B) and an X through it. Mine has a grey rectangle with rounded edges and an X through it. What does that mean?????

That sounds like the Bluetooth symbol (see http://www.bluetooth.com and look at the logo). If there is an X though it, it generally means it is disabled.

--Phil

I did disable the blue tooth (which I did after reading on the TomTom site that it saves the battery) as our phones don't work with the 720. I just disabled it on my 720 too and I now have the same symbol my husband has. Thanks.

Now if someone can help with the shutting down warning problem . . .

Ask a Question