720 Go error message 0x8075001c

Hi All I just started my tomtom 720 go and have encountered an error message.
The unit will not start up. I have connected to TomTom home & the internal memory is displaying an error message 0X8075001C. What has caused this & what can I do to rectify the situation.
Your help greatly appreciated.
Lew

Hi All I just started my tomtom 720 go and have encountered an error message.
The unit will not start up. I have connected to TomTom home & the internal memory is displaying an error message 0X8075001C. What has caused this & what can I do to rectify the situation.
Your help greatly appreciated.
Lew

Do you have a SD card in your unit? (wild guess) Unit trying to boot from SD card rather than internal memory and there is a problem.

Error message 0x8075001c

Yes I have an SD card in the unit, but the error message persists with or without the sd card installed. the message applies to both memory sources.
when connected to tom tom home /computer. the program states that i require a file to control the 720 Go but i am unable to down load it from the web at this time. I have tried the reset button, with no success.
the unit has been stored in a micro fibre camera lens bag for a couple of weeks near my computer. I wonder if environmental conditions could contribute to this instability of the system?

your comments & help please. Or alternatively back it goes to the Vendor.

Thanks in advance
Lew

Ask a Question