720 + Blackberry Pearl (8100)

Hi,

Just got the 720 - to pair with my Blackberry Pearl for traffic updates (the Pearl is featured in all the glossy mags advertising the 720). Unforunately, I found out that after buying it that Blackberry Pearl is not compatible for wireless data services so I can't get traffic updates!!

Does anyone know any way around this???

Let me know,

Thanks,

Joel

I hope someone knows a way around it, I have a blackberry (not the pearl) but also can't get plus services. I can connect to use as hands-free speakerphone, but no plus services. Boo!

Which Blackberry did you get to pair? I have a 8700g (T-Mobile) and would like to use the hands free feature.

thanks....

Mine is the Verizon 7130e. It pairs fine for speakerphone, but not for data services, although I know the phone is capable. Anyone? :)

I have been able to pair with my BlackBerry 8700g (T-Mobile) without any issues. The phonebook downloaded perfectly and the handsfree works without any issues.

Yes, I think we are both saying they pair just fine for hands-free speakerphone use. But what we can't seem to accomplish is the PLUS services to grab traffic and weather.

Looks like from the Blackberry forum there may be a solution depending on your provider. I have not tried this out as i am still waiting on a 720

http://www.blackberryforums.com/gps-mapping/85545-definitive-t-cingular-blackberry-tomtom-plus-services-thread.html

Looks like the solution is also covered on this forum @

https://www.tomtomforums.com/showthread.php?t=2778&highlight=blackberry
I looked at both of those but still no joy (not for T Mobile in the UK anyway). I have paired, have bluetooth headset functionality and can download the phone book (for clarification). What's interesting is a colleague in my organisation has the same phone, same network etc and can successfully get Plus services with his TomTom One XL.... I've replicated the settings exactly but still no success!

Version 4.2.1.66 OS

I cannot find version 4.2.1.66 on any of the links provided. They all seem to have upgraded to the latest version - 4.2.1.107. Does anyone know where I can download the old version?

David

My understanding is that the new 4.3 os soon to be released fixes this problem. I have an 8800 and have the same issue. I would wait until the new os comes out...should be out any time now

rob

Ask a Question