720 acted like I was in a building for an hour

I flew into Pitsburgh on Monday and turned TT on in the parking garage in the rental car. No reception no problem but I drove out expecting TT to lay in a course and no TT he acted like he was still in a building! For an hour I could see 9+ satelites but the screens were greyed out. I turned it Off and On, no change then after about an hour it suddenly started working. weird eh?

Had no problems since then all week. Ever had this happen??:confused:

I flew into Pitsburgh on Monday and turned TT on in the parking garage in the rental car. No reception no problem but I drove out expecting TT to lay in a course and no TT he acted like he was still in a building! For an hour I could see 9+ satelites but the screens were greyed out. I turned it Off and On, no change then after about an hour it suddenly started working. weird eh?

Had no problems since then all week. Ever had this happen??:confused:

That's weird (seeing the 9 satellites but no 'live' map activity). In retrospect, doing a pin reset instead of just turning the unit off & on may have helped the situation (turning the unit off using the power button doesn't really turn it off at all ... just puts it in sleep mode, like when you set your computer to hibernate or sleep. The reset actually reboots the unit).

Ask a Question