715 Maps

TomTom Model(s)
One 2nd Edition
Hi everyone,

I was hoping someone might be able to help. I went through the process of buying the NA 710 Map from the UK site with a new UK email login, chose model 720 instead of ONE, etc. Worked like a charm.

Now, I just tried to do the exact same thing again with the NA 715 map but this time when I log into HOME with the "UK email address", the newly purchased 715 map is there but right under it in red it says "this map cannot be installed on this device". Any idea why it won't work this time?

Thanks in advance for any help!

McFly
TT One Second Edition

I believe that there isn't enough internal memory for a One to load the NA map. That's why the One maps are USA & Canada.
Keith

Thanks for the reply. I actually had the 710NA map on a 2GB SD card. I removed it from the card first and then tried to put the 715NA map on it - which is smaller!! It wouldn't let me download. Don't know why

Sorry!

Hi everyone,

I was hoping someone might be able to help. I went through the process of buying the NA 710 Map from the UK site with a new UK email login, chose model 720 instead of ONE, etc. Worked like a charm.

Now, I just tried to do the exact same thing again with the NA 715 map but this time when I log into HOME with the "UK email address", the newly purchased 715 map is there but right under it in red it says "this map cannot be installed on this device". Any idea why it won't work this time?

Thanks in advance for any help!

McFly
TT One Second Edition

Don't be so gullible McFly!!! :D Sorry, couldn't resist!
Anyway, Tom Tom, in their infinite wisdom :rolleyes: has seen fit to make the maps specific to certain devices. In the past, you could accomplish what you are trying using an SD card in your ONE v2, but this is no longer possible thanks to Tom Tom. You are limited to only using the same map that came with your device when you bought it. You may be able to get a refund for that NA map, couldn't hurt to ask.:(

2mb maps on tt one

I would think that if you installed an early version of the tt home (7.131 or before) that allowed the use of the na 2mb map, then, install the na 2mb map. Now allow tthome to upgrade to the latest firmware. Now the larger map could be used on the tt one. Or restore an earlier backup.

Essentially, that is the path that I took just because I upgraded to the 2mb map before the firmware was downloaded by big brother to make maps device specific.

The 2mb map continues to function on my tt one, mapshare updates just fine. TThome no longer acknowledges that I have a map loaded is the only negative so far.

--dave

I would think that if you installed an early version of the tt home (7.131 or before) that allowed the use of the na 2mb map, then, install the na 2mb map. Now allow tthome to upgrade to the latest firmware. Now the larger map could be used on the tt one. Or restore an earlier backup.

Essentially, that is the path that I took just because I upgraded to the 2mb map before the firmware was downloaded by big brother to make maps device specific.

The 2mb map continues to function on my tt one, mapshare updates just fine. TThome no longer acknowledges that I have a map loaded is the only negative so far.

--dave
Hmmm, interesting. I had not thought of that! Now I wonder if you can continue to do that when a new version of the NA map is released, and you want to switch to that one...

HATE TT Support!

Thanks for the help SmokieWolf!

So I just got off the phone with them and they said they will refund me for the NA 715 map. Now I'm using the 715 USA & Canada map. Any major differences that anyone knows about?

Thanks for the help SmokieWolf!

So I just got off the phone with them and they said they will refund me for the NA 715 map. Now I'm using the 715 USA & Canada map. Any major differences that anyone knows about?
From the 710? Not many that I've seen others checking on...none of the corrections I made right after I got Map share were applied.

Sorry. I meant differences between the NA 715 and the US & Canada 715? I know the NA map is much bigger. Would that just mean more POI's?

Sorry. I meant differences between the NA 715 and the US & Canada 715? I know the NA map is much bigger. Would that just mean more POI's?
I'm not sure about the POIs, I know it has greater detail. It includes smaller bodies of water, and private roads. The main reason the size is so much bigger is the text to speech files.

Ask a Question