710 Home Dock question

Could someone help please. I have a TOMtom 710 and want to know if I use the home dock without the computer cable attached, will the dock act as a charger or is the car charger the only way to top up the battery?
Thanks Lizzielogs

Could someone help please. I have a TOMtom 710 and want to know if I use the home dock without the computer cable attached, will the dock act as a charger or is the car charger the only way to top up the battery?
Thanks Lizzielogs

Just setting the unit in a dock without connecting the dock to the computer will NOT provide a charge to the unit. The dock gets power from the pc when connected and charges the battery on the unit that way.

I believe the 510,710, and 910 charge with only the power adapter plugged into the cradle. It works the same as the car charger.

They do not use the USB connection as a power source as do the x20 and x30 series. They will not charge without the power unit plugged in, although they will connect to the computer without it (but discharge in the process).

Actually for the x10 series, the computer does not charge the unit. you need the HOME dock to charge it which is better than the car charger.

No worries.
Once TomTom saw an improvement with their design, all later models from the x10 will charge via USB.

Ask a Question