7.221/7.481 Annoyance - Need help!

TomTom Model(s)
Go 920
Hello - New to post, but I've been lurking here since I got my Go 920 in December. Anyhow, I have the same issue most people experienced when updating from 7.221 to 7.480 where the voice recognition disappeared. I did the 7.481 update hoping that would help, but it didn't at all. So I called TomTom, and they told me it was an application problem and sent me a zip file they told me to extract to the root directory.

So now my 920 reports itself as application version 7.221 when I check on the unit itself, and I have the icons back in "Navigate To > Address" for spoken adress and spoken address (dialogue). Problem is, though, that voice recognition is still busted. The lips/microphone icon is greyed out when I choose spoken address or spoken address (dialogue).

Just for the heck of it, I checked back in Home to see what version of the application Home is reporting. The Home application thinks 7.481 is on there.

Is it possible that the zip file I got from TomTom support that was supposed to downgrade me to 7.221 didn't contain all of the files I needed to truly be 7.221? I just want voice recognition to work! I'm thinking maybe I have some hybrid 7.221/7.481 that still has broken voice recognition.

Any help is appreciated. I hope you are able to follow my train of thought here!

Thanks! I was able to install 7.221 via Home. Unfortunately, no change. The icons are there for speech input, but all I get is a greyed out lips icon and it won't listen for any speech.

So frustrating. Any other ideas? It just sucks because it hasn't worked right for like 75% of the time that I've owned it so far.

Ask a Question