7.161 kills sound in XL-S [Solution]

Interesting that this flaw is still happening 5 months later. I have 7.162 on my One & still have no audio. I tried moving the LoqAudioBoard.so file in the same directory as the lbaec.so file but still no worky.

I didn't have a "<tomtom>/LoquendoTTS/lib" folder, not sure where to put the file or delete old one, etc. Any suggestions?

Worthless Support

Tried to resolve my audio issue on TomTom's website. Typed in my issue but it wouldn't accept it because I didn't enter the operating system. Only problem is there is no choice in the drop down menu to enter one.

Guess they are tired of hearing about this & just shut their so-called Help Desk down. If I have a few hours to spare I might try their phone number.

I won't be buying a TomTom next time with this kind of lousy support. They have only had a few months to resolve it, guess that isn't enough time.

No tomtom drums, no confirm beeps, etc...

I haven't had many of the original little sounds in ages, but I figure as long as I have "Susan" working properly on my XLS v7.167, I'm good. ;)

TomTom tech support and their zip files, and hard/ soft resets, connect/ disconnect, FORMAT, re-install Apps, and updates just blows in general.

Maybe I'll go with a Garmin or Lowrance for the next GPS device???

I should have left the XL-S well enough alone, working right out of the box. They should come with bright red "Warning" labels that state that connecting to TomTom Home to use the available features could "brick" your new device.

Even Sony, with the many PSP firmware updates, aren't THIS bad. They actually ADD useful features! :mad:

Last edited:
I am having similar problems as a lot of you described and I'm not sure what to do next. It was fine until I updated it about a month ago for the first time since I got it. First it was no volume on anything, saying it couldn't find Susan. Then I got another computer voice to work but NO other sounds played. (unfortunately I never did a backup prior to updating) So I proceeded to reset factory settings and it seems susan works now but I still have no other sounds. I probably need the V7.14 file to do a restore but I'm not sure how to do that or where to get the file.

I'm running version 8.010
Can anyone help? This thing is driving me nuts.
(Shoulda bought a Garmin I guess)

Ask a Question