540TM XXL turn on and off with the car???

KMO

Hello,

I recently purchased the 540TM XXL and everything has been great. One of my favorite features is it turns on automatically when it receives power and it turns off when power is lost. However, today it stopped turning on automatically with the car. It still turns off with the loss of a power source but it won't turn on automically any more. I did download some pictures and icons today but besides that I didn't make any changes. Does anyone know how I can get it to turn on automatically again?

Thanks,

Kevin

Truth to tell, it wasn't supposed to be doing that to begin with. No idea why your particular XXL540 behaved that way. "Off" with loss of power is programmable. "On" isn't even supposed to happen.

I agree with canderson, mine doesn't turn on, but can turn off.
My Rider2 will turn on with power. That's the only TomTom that I've even had that does that.

That's what I have been told. However, the one I purchased started with the power source and so did the display model at Target. My plan is to exchange it for another one and not mess with it. Hopefully it will also start with the car and keep that functionality through time... as long as I don't fuss with it.

Thanks for your input.

Ask a Question