540TM Winter Map Update Causes Consistent Reboots

I have an XXL 540TM. I performed a map update (Winter version of US, Canada, Mexico) after doing a full explorer-based backup. After disconnecting the unit I stepped outside to make sure everything was working. As soon as I touched Navigate To the unit hesitated for about 15 seconds and then rebooted. After it rebooted I tried Change Preferences...reboot again. Anyone have any ideas how I can get this update working? Thanks in advance.

Jack Weintraub

I read this earlier in another thread...

Try connecting your unit to 'HOME' then click 'operate my unit' and navigate to a recent destination or favorite. Then safely disconnect the device and try again.

Don't know why but this might help.

Try doing a unit reset (holding the power button for about 10 seconds). If that doesn't help, another poster in a different thread connected to Home and ran the emulator (Operate my Unit).

Should cause a rewrite of the mapsettings.cfg file and may resolve issure once you disconnect PROPERLY from home using the Device Disconnect icon.

Works now...thanks

Going through the Operate My Go step worked like a charm. Ran into the NPObject failure...Deleted the Navcore files under Extensions subdirectory. Redownloaded the necessary files to "remote" my 540. Then ran the Operate My Go, clicked Done, then chose Disconnect from the Home menus. Thanks for the advice.

Jack

Ask a Question