540S reboots now working

I have owned an XXL540S for a year. Always worked well. But, after this last map update it would not allow selection of the buttons Navigate to or Add Favorites!!

When these were selected the system would hang for a few minutes and reboot.

So, the unit was pretty useless since there was no way to select a destination.

I was going to copy back the explorer backup I made and then I tried something. I tried the option to Operate My Device from the Home software. Amazingly this worked.

When I unplugged the unit from my PC the option to choose Navigate to worked. The unit seems to be fixed.

This made me wonder if anyone has seen this same behavior. What could using the Home software to operate the unit change on the unit?

Glad you got things sorted. I suspect the resolution was due to resetting the unit.

You could have done so by holding the power button for about 10 seconds without connecting to Home and running the emulator (Operate my unit)

When you disconnect from Home (properly), the unit resets so mission accomplished! :D

I had tried the reset option provided by holding the power button while in the car but that had not solved the problem

Just very strange

Not too strange....

Sounds like the common problem with a corrupted MapSettings.cfg file.
(or having an incompatible one copied from an older map or software version).

That causes the hardware to reboot, but the PC emulator can still function. Using that (especially if you create a new Favourite) will re-write the MapSettings.cfg file to the correct format and cure the problem.

Ask a Question