510 & Sony Ericsson P990i

Hi Guys

I have a problem with my TT510 & 990i. I have used the lineout to connect my iPod via the TT to my car stereo. Setup as follows: -

Nav instruction through TT internal speaker
990i through TT internal speaker
iPod through car stereo

When a call comes in my ipod mutes and I take the call.............no problem. However, when I hang up no sound comes back thru the speakers from my iPod even though its still playing. I also loose all nav instrcutions through the internal speaker as well.

Only way to resolve the issue is to take the TT off the cradle, unplug iPod & line out cable and restart. BTW when the TT re starts I get the green splash screen which shows the progress bar at the bottom. Its almost as if the TT has updated itself.

Any help appreciated.

pgrange

This is strange! My 910 went to the screen as if it were updating too. It would automatically go to that screen whenever it felt like it and froze. That why I sent it to tomtom for repair.
When your unit goes through that screen, does it freeze or continue with the process and start on your tomtom?

Hi PEDRO2NR

Thanks for the reply.

After that screen it starts and operates as usual. I'm not sure if this is related but when TT connects to the 990i for traffic updates everything works fine but I then get the phone symbol with the ? beside it and have to manually reconnect to the phone via the TT menu. I am thinking this is an issue with the 990i bluetooth functionality rather that the TT?

pgrange

what is your lates application version or firmwire?
You can check by selecting on the bottom left of the screen which will take you to a information screen that is green. it should let you know what your version # is from there.

Hi Pedro 2NR

Thanks for the info. I ran the tool and the problem has been fixed..........well sorta. I have noticed that if I use the phone book from the TT to make calls no problem at all. Hang up the phone from the TT and the music comes back on however, if I initiate the call direct from the 990i that's when it will stop working. I guess the phone is holding the connection open somehow and the TT thinks the phone audio is still active.

Having said that now that I know how to get around the problem I am happy.

Thanks for your help. Much apprciated.

pgrange

Ask a Question