510 freeze after 30 seconds

TT is receiving a lot of locked up/re-booting units via Woot.com

I haven't heard of any being successfully fixed, even after deleting/re-installing app and eventually re-formatting :confused:

thestarshine said:
TT is receiving a lot of locked up/re-booting units via Woot.com

I haven't heard of any being successfully fixed, even after deleting/re-installing app and eventually re-formatting

Reallly??

Have you actually read any of the posts in this thread? The one immediately preceding yours tells of resolving the issue. And, the one before that post is from me, confirming the problem and its resolution.

The "problem" (and it's not really a problem!) is that the refurbished units have updated (v6.65) maps installed on them during the refurbishing process, while the contents of the box still include the product code card from when the unit was new (usually a v6.5 USA_and_Canada product code card). The v6.65 maps on the supplied card are activated, but you cannot properly activate the map within TT Home, nor can you activate it if you backup/install on a separate (larger) SD card.

The solution is to call TomTom Customer Support. They will provide you with the proper activation code for the updated maps on your GO 510.

- Brian

I have another TomTom success story.
My 510 is from woot and it's working flawlessly now.

Since it always crashed at the same point, I figured that either the SD card was corrupt or the maps were corrupt.
TomTom customer service helped a lot.

Anyway, one format & restore later, my original 1 GB SD card works great and the unit does not crash. So add my unit to a working one from woot.

Ask a Question