510 freeze after 30 seconds

Just bought a "brand new" refurbished 510 from woot.com. Could not resist for $205! However, the unit locks up (no touchscreen) after about 30 seconds and the unit eventually automatically resets. Does not matter what page I am on, always about 30 seconds to death. Have version 6.525 firmware. Any ideas?

I'm having the same problem, my TomTom just freezes on the splash screen. I've tried everything, resetting, flashing -- none of it is working. I'm not sure where to turn :(

Use a card reader to check to see whether you have some breathing space on the SD card. Delete some unused files if need be.

How long have you had your unit?
I had that same problem with my 1st ONE v2. I had to exchange it a few days later (Suggest by tomtom).

I had my 510 for more than a year. I had the same problem once. I dl so many POI on the original 1G SD card. I deleted quite a few of them and it booted up, sorry I could not remember how much memory left at that time.
Since then I switched to a 2G then a 4G, never had that problem recurred.

I just bought it a couple days ago. I'll call TomTom support tomorrow and see what I can do to exchange it, thanks.

similar problem w/woot 510 purchase

Mine worked fine until I drove up to San Francisco (w/no map, of course), and then it would lock up & reboot every time I tried to navigate to a street address in the city... immediately after hitting 'done', after entering the last part of the address or cross street.

Quite inconvenient.

Gonna try freeing up space on the SD as I did copy a few voices to it.

Mine worked fine until I drove up to San Francisco (w/no map, of course), and then it would lock up & reboot every time I tried to navigate to a street address in the city... immediately after hitting 'done', after entering the last part of the address or cross street.

Quite inconvenient.

Gonna try freeing up space on the SD as I did copy a few voices to it.

I bought mine from woot as well. It works fine in the south bay, south of Mountain View. If I drive on Hwy 237, it freezes up at the point where 237 crosses 101.
It's quite consistent.

I have 26MB free on the 1GB card, which I assume should be enough.

Another Wooter with a failed 510

My 510 from Woot is also failing :( . I bought it during a Woot-Off about 2 days after the original 510 Woot. I have a question out to TomTom customer support, but I may try deleting some files off the SD card to see if this fixes the problem.

Yes, this has been reported already in a few forums (including this one) by me. It looks like the "original" woot user actually quoted one of my posts (without attribution) in his (or her) "discovery of the problem".

Ask a Question