5085km Route to go 728Km - 720

Wow...what more can I say.

I have a 720 with Navcore 8 and map 7.20 of North America. I banged in a destination of St. Liboire, QC from Fredericton, NB and it showed my route to be 5085 Km. I drove it normally - using the TransCanada all the way and it was 728 Km.

What's up with that? I'd say they need to do some work on that front.

I even told it to recalculate, avoiding tolls and it was worse.

So did it route you via Chicago or something!

My One running Navcore 7 and with v7.20 maps routes it correctly, all on the Trans-Canada - 753 km.

Interesting

Hmmm..the results from you guys are consistent, but mine is whacked.

I wonder if it's because my starting point isn't on the map yet? However, shouldn't it use coordinates rather than streets?

I'll have to retry it from somewhere where I'm on a road in the map.

I'll update when I've had the chance to retest this.

Thanks for the input so far!

Hmmm..the results from you guys are consistent, but mine is whacked.

I wonder if it's because my starting point isn't on the map yet? However, shouldn't it use coordinates rather than streets?

I'll have to retry it from somewhere where I'm on a road in the map.

I'll update when I've had the chance to retest this.

Thanks for the input so far!

Did you take a look at your route after you put in in the TT.
I just did a test from Kentville Nova Scotia and when I first put it in it was routing me from Woodstock NB south on I-95 and then up through Vermont. and that was about 1350 KL from here and we are about 500 kl from Fredricton. I then went in my TT and moved the corser to take the route via Rivier de Loop and that worked out to be about 1270 KL, deduct the 520 KL from Kentville to Fredricton and you have the correct Millage. Navcore 8.010 & 720 Map.

So I am guessing it was taking you by a totaly different Route.

Fire up your 720 and select "Make this my Home position"*, then enter Address > City Center > St. Liboire and then look at the distance.
Try that once with the "fastest" route and again with "shortest" route and see wht results you get.

*Cannot access TT to give the exact expression as HOME had downloaded 1.4 GB Mapshare corrections for Europe and is installing it at a snails pace. Hope to be finished after lunch.

Fire up your 720 and select "Make this my Home position"*, then enter Address > City Center > St. Liboire and then look at the distance.
Try that once with the "fastest" route and again with "shortest" route and see wht results you get.

*Cannot access TT to give the exact expression as HOME had downloaded 1.4 GB Mapshare corrections for Europe and is installing it at a snails pace. Hope to be finished after lunch.

Why not just use "Plan a route?" No need to change the Home location, eh?

EDIT: Ahh, I should have read the question prior to your post, sorry!

Regardless, this won't make any difference (or shouldn't) :)

Last edited:
Why not just use "Plan a route?" No need to change the Home location, eh?

EDIT: Ahh, I should have read the question prior to your post, sorry!

Regardless, this won't make any difference (or shouldn't) :)
It could, if he happened to look at co-ordinate maps or used Browse maps and accidentally clicked on Make this my Home, and plotted from Home rather than Current location.

We all seem to agree that something wasn't right with the OP's machine. My suggestion was to try to eliminate all possible errors (Yeah! Right!).

Ask a Question