4gb SC card will it work on the ONE?

JDM

TomTom Model(s)
ONE v3
HI guys i am planning to get a 4GB Secure Digital (SD) Card 150X Ultra Speed Transcend and was wondering if this card will work for the TomTom ONE?

Thanks for the help!!!

I've read somewhere that TomToms don't like 4gb cards. It seems that they are set up with a different structure than the others. Perhaps someone with direct experience could reply to this?

Battom can confirm this. He bought a 4gb card and tested it with his ONE and it worked fine. Hopefully he'll hop on soon for a confirmation straight from the source. I'm too lazy right now (still jet-lagged from Paris!) to search out the thread.... :)

Battom can confirm this. He bought a 4gb card and tested it with his ONE and it worked fine. Hopefully he'll hop on soon for a confirmation straight from the source. I'm too lazy right now (still jet-lagged from Paris!) to search out the thread.... :)

I believe it was these threads:

thread 1
thread 2
thread 3

I've read somewhere that TomToms don't like 4gb cards. It seems that they are set up with a different structure than the others. Perhaps someone with direct experience could reply to this?

I believe you are reffering to SD vs. SDHC. The SDHC card is a new file format and is said not to be compatible with SD devices according to the spec found here. HOWEVER, battom has this SDHC card and said it has been working for him for weeks.

A 'regular' SD card (non SDHC) should work with any TT BUT I don't have a 4GB SD card. So I couldn't tell you personally.

46jimbo - I decided against renting a car and used the metro and taxis. Every taxi I took except one had TomToms, it was very cool!

HI guys i am planning to get a 4GB Secure Digital (SD) Card 150X Ultra Speed Transcend and was wondering if this card will work for the TomTom ONE?

Thanks for the help!!!

I bought that exact same card. It DOES work in my One, the only problem is, it seems to go slower than the old 2gb card I had that was only 60x. I don't know why. But calculating a route from Ohio to Northern Michigan takes 10 seconds longer consistently on the 4gb card.

I had this card and it didn't work. It kept corrupting the maps. I took it back and the store assured me a Corsair SDHC 4GB would work. Of course, it didn't. I posted a question to official tomtom support nearly two weeks ago. Of course, they still haven't responded.

DO NOT GET A 4GB CARD UNLESS YOU WANT TO BURN YOUR MONEY OR YOU HAVE ANOTHER USE FOR IT WHEN IT FAILS.

Ask a Question