4 Tomtom units stopped working at the same time.

Hello. I have a client who have bought 10x 4EN42 Z1230 from us. Yesterday 4 of them stopped working at exactly the same time.

What happens is that it doesn't receive a GPS signal, it's just saying "Waiting for a valid GPS-signal".

They haven't been plugged into a computer for a while and at the time this happened they were about 200km apart.

It seems very strange in my opinion and my client is very dependent on these GPS devices.

Does anyone of you have a solution or a any tips on how to solve it? It's pretty urgent.
Any help appreciated :)

I have no clue what model TomTom you are referring to. That number you provide is not a tomtom model. If you put the first 2 numbers of the serial number of one of those units here:
http://us.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9521/kw/what%20device%20do%20i%20have

then that will be very helpful.

There was a worldwide gps issue with TomToms last week when owners of newer models downloaded a faulty quickgpsfix file. A remedy supposedly is in the latest application posted a couple of days ago.

But, if your units haven't been connected to a computer, then that may not be the problem. Especially if only some of them show this behaviour.

Note that the link posted above relates information on firmware that is specific to the Pro series fleet management units only. While a similar campaign is taking place for other Nav3 units, the firmware version referenced for those will be different.

Watch out who you talk to there. Some are pretty clueless. Version 10.534 code would not be appropriate for ANY Nav3 consumer unit. In fact, all GO Nav3 series consumer units are on a different code path, and are in the 11.XXX range now -- at present, version 11.037. While the code you point to has similar fixes for satellite issues, it's NOT for consumer equipment.

I know exactly what you are talking about. I have the same model number (I think it is a 1400 device), but definitely 4EN42 Z1230 on the back.

Mine does this as well at times, not sure why. It will say forever that it searching for a signal.

While this is happening, you have the option to 'Use Last Known Location' (or something similar). Use it, often it will put you on the map where it was last turned off, but find you where you are after about 10 to 20 seconds.

If that doesn't work, re-enter your destination. Works every time!

Sorry for the late reply to this thread. I just got registered on here today. Hopefully you've already figured it out.

Ask a Question