4 Gig SD card

TomTom Model(s)
GO 920
I bought the 4 Gig SD card. :D Worked like a charm ... :D TomTom Home sees the 4 Gig .. I can move files etc.. I didn't even have to format it. :D
Now when I connect the unit to the computer, it asks what I want to use. When I choose the 4 Gig card I don't have all my previous POI's etc :confused: ; when I choose the internal memory - obviously I have all the items I'm used to. :)
From this I assume that adding an SD card does not expand memory, rather provides another option for a memory location. I still need to populate the new card with all of my previous information.
Did I do something wrong? :confused: or is this how it's suppsed to work? :confused:

All poi's for a map must reside in the specific map folder. So, if you have your map in internal, ALL poi's must be in that map folder in internal. If the map itself is on the sd card, then ALL the poi's are in the map folder on the sd card. They can't be split up like mp3's or photos can between card and internal.

Ask a Question