3rd party mount for XL-S

Hi there,

I have a TomTom XL-S and don't like my suction cup mount that came with the TomTom, it never sticks for long before falling from the windshield. I was going to get a 3rd party mount but instead of something for the windshield or dash I was thinking of one that clips onto the heating/cooling vents of my vehicle. Can anyone recommend one that worked for them? I have a Toyota Sienna LE

Have a look at the solutions from Brodit, they have a Pro-Clip to suit your make and model of car (but you need to check the year) they also make a holder for the XL-S that screws to the Brodit Pro-Clip or consider using the mini Move It clips for a quick release way of removing the holder (makes for a more secure solution as with the mount removed there is very little left in the vehicle on show that some low life might break in to steal).
The Brodit kit is what I use by default in my car, very well made and easy to fit, it doesn't screw in to the vehicle and can be removed at a later date if required. Check out DSL Developments for some options see Here - Mike

Just as a side note. If the suction cup is falling off the window you are doing something wrong. I have an XL 330 (same mount) and its been a permanent fixture in my work vehicle for 5 months. There is no way I could pull it off the window without releasing the suction "thing"...

Not trying to disagree but it doesn't seem like there's much I could be doing wrong. All I do is stick it against the window and press down on it. There's nothing else I can do

Ensure you press the suction cup with some pressure using thumb and forefinger of each hand. You are trying to press the air out of the cup. Don't mount the unit until the cup is attached to the windshield.

OEM Suction cup failures

Yes, my OEM suction mount for a ONE XL was always weak from the start. Normally falls off my clean winow in a day or two. I've tried it dry, wet, and any number of other ways to suction it to the glass. It is a very poor design and the ball socket has already started to crack. I am looking for a ood third party mount that has a lever controlled suction cup. If I fond one I will post to this forum.

Found 3rd party mount....

Check out overstock.com, they have a rugged mount for 12.99 today. I just ordered mine. Has a lever based suction lock and works as either a dash or glass mount...

Ask a Question