3rd party apps not detected O_o

I have been trying to install FuelControl and TT-Console on my ONE XL S for hours, and the thing refuses to detect either of them, even after repeated reboots. Any suggestions? I'm on firmware 8.016

Unfortunately, many 3rd party applications had their functionality killed off with firmware 8x.

Has there been an announce fix for this?

TomTom certainly has to be aware of this issue by now... :mad:

I hope this functionality doesn't go the way of the Old SDK!

Why would TT worry about functionality of THIRD party apps?:confused:
They used to...and actually encouraged it, through the (formerly) released SDK.

It basically adds value to their devices--for free. For example, they didn't have to spend development time/money adding an altimeter feature. A clever user did it.

They used to...and actually encouraged it, through the (formerly) released SDK.

It basically adds value to their devices--for free. For example, they didn't have to spend development time/money adding an altimeter feature. A clever user did it.

Perhaps they plan on creating their own add-ons/features in the future and want to eliminate the competition:eek: In any case I don't think they ever encouraged it or there would be ads/links on their site.

Well, there do seem to be some applications that work with v8 after all. Follow this thread and near the bottom is reference to an altimeter program and further links to the site for that and other applications.

Make sure you do a full Explorer backup prior to installing and trying any of them, of course.

Ask a Question