3rd Edition Voice Prompts

Greetings all,

Please forgive me if this is already is already covered elsewhere. I did search about but I couldn't find a similar post.

I purchased my 3rd Edition last Thursday. I think went on a 60 odd mile drive over the weekend. The freeway I used has seven interchanges with other freeway. The route I took had nothing to do with those freeways, however I heard no less than 4 voice prompts at each one. The prompts were roughly:

In one quarter mile, stay in the left lane.
In 1/8th of a mile, stay in the left lane.
In 300 yards stay in the left and then stay left
Stay left and then stay left

So, 28 voice prompts later I had an slightly less than overwhelming urge to shoot my new friend. On the way back I did turn the sound off, but that is one of the features I wanted when I bought it.

I called support and they told me to go into the change preferences, change voice, select voice and a menu should pop up allowing me to gain some peace of mind. When I select the voice, I get dumped back to the preferences menu.

Does the 3rd edition allow you to select which voice prompts you hear?

Thank you kindly,
Michael

Change Preferences/Voice Preferences/Speech Prederences/... tick options for the 1st screen ... done/ on the next screen be sure that option 'Disable keep to highway lane' is ticked.

Last edited:
Thank you for your reply. I don't have a 'speech preferences' option. The only options I have related to speech are the 'Volume preferences' and the 'Change voice'. Neither of these get me to the holy grail called "Speech Preferences'.

Michael

Greetings all,

Please forgive me if this is already is already covered elsewhere. I did search about but I couldn't find a similar post.

I purchased my 3rd Edition last Thursday. I think went on a 60 odd mile drive over the weekend. The freeway I used has seven interchanges with other freeway. The route I took had nothing to do with those freeways, however I heard no less than 4 voice prompts at each one. The prompts were roughly:

In one quarter mile, stay in the left lane.
In 1/8th of a mile, stay in the left lane.
In 300 yards stay in the left and then stay left
Stay left and then stay left

So, 28 voice prompts later I had an slightly less than overwhelming urge to shoot my new friend. On the way back I did turn the sound off, but that is one of the features I wanted when I bought it.

I called support and they told me to go into the change preferences, change voice, select voice and a menu should pop up allowing me to gain some peace of mind. When I select the voice, I get dumped back to the preferences menu.

Does the 3rd edition allow you to select which voice prompts you hear?

Thank you kindly,
Michael
I think support is clueless. You can't change that on a ONE. You might be able to on the higher end units, but I know you can't on the ONE series units. I own a v2. You just have to pick a voice you like, I guess.

Ask a Question