335LM / 335M / 4ET03 Lifetime Maps won't activate

TomTom continues to offer the same ol' crappy customer service. I buy their devices because I like their interface more than the competitions. I don't buy them because of their product support. This is not my first round with their poor service. This post is meant to inform others and is not a request for help / assistance.

Lifetime Maps activation doesn't work through TomTom HOME for the 335LM / 335M / 4ET03. You get the error of, "An error has occurred. Please try again." TomTom's support wants you to go through hoops and fax them the activation / promotion card and also the device's receipt. Supposedly after you do this, in five days the problem will be rectified. Great, more time and money to satisfy their ongoing issues. Unfortunately, I read a tons of posts, after the fact, that this is not an isolated problem.

Yeah, it's a pain and TT certainly has been having issues with the activation of lifetime maps and or traffic but there is little else you can do at this point than work through CS.

Hopefully, you're dealing by phone, not email. That truly is a wasted effort.

Ask a Question