32 MB RAM vs 1 GB RAM?

TomTom Model(s)
TomTom One NE
My TT1 NE has 32 MB internal memory, but I was reading somewhere on the forum that the latest versions (V4?) have 1 GB of internal memory.

Other than the obvious advantage that bigger is better ( or so I'm told ;) ) if you can install a 2G SD card, what is the advantage of the greater memory in the device? Typically, on-board memory has a faster read/write speed, but I dont think that access time is an issue on a GPS

Just wonderin ....

they where alking about SD card of 4gb, internal memory can't be change as far as I know.

My TT1 NE has 32 MB internal memory, but I was reading somewhere on the forum that the latest versions (V4?) have 1 GB of internal memory.

Other than the obvious advantage that bigger is better ( or so I'm told ;) ) if you can install a 2G SD card, what is the advantage of the greater memory in the device? Typically, on-board memory has a faster read/write speed, but I dont think that access time is an issue on a GPS

Just wonderin ....

You have 1 GB of internal memory but most it is used so you have 32 MB left for loading voices or POI or whatever. Adding more memory won't help you unless you want to add maps of other countries or other software.

dennis

You have 1 GB of internal memory but most it is used so you have 32 MB left for loading voices or POI or whatever. Adding more memory won't help you unless you want to add maps of other countries or other software.

dennis

The 32mb referred to is the RAM that the hardware has for running the software, not how much free storage space is available.

Ask a Question