32 GB SDHC Memory Card

Buy it and report your results back to us. We're curious to see the results!:D

I'm wondering if I should buy it just for the sakes of having a 32gb memory card with reader, pretty much making it a usb flash drive. Anyone wanna donate for the test?

j/k

Ohh and Gilbert, I'm sorry about that other comment I made about you coming to attack every single post I make.

That's OK. It's tough sometimes with written media to fully understand the tone/intent of the writer. That is even truer for me since English is a second language for me and often have difficulty in making my thoughts into readable sentences...

My thoughts on the large size: it could make sense when used not only for the TT but other stuff such as programs, photos, ebooks or pdf that you might deem usefull when at the destination a computer is available. You would not need to also carry USB keys as I often do. I can't see using much more than 6GB for exclusive TT data which leaves 26GB for other data. I guess some music collector could use that amount of data. I know a couple of opera maniacs that have a few thousands of opera records/CDs who can discuss a single aria for hours as to the interpretation of it by various artists and have them on record. One of them started the digital conversion of his complete vinyl record collection. Being a perfectionist, he converted in a lossless format and had purchased a dedicated 500GB hd to store it.

The 720 can only manage (write) 4Gb. Everything above is not writable by the 720, even if it can read it.
You could fill the first 4Gb of the SD card, then copy MP3s, photos, videos,... on it since these last will only need to be readable.

--pilsit

That I already know. Same applies to 8 and 16 GB cards.

The 720 can only manage (write) 4Gb. Everything above is not writable by the 720, even if it can read it.

--pilsit

Yes and no....In factory form 4GB is the " write " limit.

But....many have had good results changing the bootloader to fix this limit....( don't know if you could write out as far as 32GB )

Version 5.5022 is known for having the best results.

BUT....there is a few chances you have to take.

computer guys will understand....this move is like flashing your BIOS chip !

flashing the bootloader can kill your device :eek: if something goes wrong !

changing the bootloader is NOT reversible....meaning you can't downgrade or return it to stock....EVEN if you reformat and reinstall everything !

changing the bootloader will void your warranty !

Last edited:

Ask a Question