300 dead battery or operating software messed up??

My 300 loses power the instant external power is removed. It is as if it has no battery life whatsoever.

Here is the back story - I loaned my car and when I got it back I found the person left the TomTom plugged in for a week to the CLA (power being supplied even with the key removed).. Upon booting it up, it would go into "shutting down in 10 seconds" mode, then start a moment or two later, then back into "shutting down" mode again - over and over. TomTom had me do a Factory Reset, which corrected this problem. However my no power buit external power problem remains. Unfortunately I didn't discover that till after I got off the phone with them.

It would appear that the internal battery is dead as a doornail, but I suspect it is something else going on. Any suggestions?

Besides the factory reset, try a reset on the unit itself (not sure whether your model has a reset hole in the bottom or whether you need to hold the power button for about 20 seconds).

Also, try the Clear Flash tool found here.

Ask a Question